Car Wheels Bolts That Lug Nuts Screw

Posted in Wheels | Asked on Sep 29, 2009

What Do You Call A Car Wheel’s Bolts That Lug Nuts Screw Onto? I’d like to know the correct term before speaking with a mechanic.

There are 5 Answers for "Car Wheels Bolts That Lug Nuts Screw"

  1. ? says:

    named after me, a “stud”.… ^(…)
    Technically they are referred to as Hub or Wheel Studs.
    P.S. Just to clarify the lug nut is called a lug. It is a nut (bolt). There are different types of ‘lugs’. Hex lugs, bullet lugs, etc.
    [From Websters Dictionary]
    a nut used to secure a wheel on an automotive vehicle — called also lug nut
    any of various infixed pieces (as a rod or pin) projecting from a machine and serving chiefly as a support or axis
    - called also, Bounty Hunter

  2. Todd says:

    A wheel stud of course, which come in varities. For the make of the vechicle; The size and thread type of the stud !

  3. Michael says:

    Lugs!That’s why there called lug nuts.

  4. d30g12 says:


  5. grrlygsr says:

    The bolts that you screw lugs onto that secure the wheels to a car are called studs.

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!

You must be logged in to post a comment.