I went off to college this August, and I lived in Alaska, where I left my ’96 Chevy Blazer. Well, my parents never so much as started the thing up when I was gone, and now it won’t start. The battery is so dead it won’t even accept a charge from a trickle charger, and I remember that the last time I let it sit for about 4 months in the winter, the battery died too. Does the extreme cold do this, or is the problem with my car’s charging system?
The battery was less than a year old too, and it’s only been down to about -15 at most, but it’s still rough.