Can I Finance A Car Under My Name And Register It Under My Parent’s Name

Hello~I’m a college student who’s looking forward to finance a new car with a cosigner other than my parents (close family friend). If I financed the car under my name, does the car have to be registered under my name or can it be registered under my parent’s name? Either way, do I have to get my own insurance or just stay with my parent’s insurance? (I’m listed as ‘away driver’)

The reason why I’m asking this question is because I’m going to be away in school except for summer times, and would like to bulid up my credit while I’m away.

I know I asked a lot of questions but please help me out with detail answers!

Thanks in advance 🙂

Answers for The Question

  1. bill the businessman
  2. sensible_man
  3. mbrcatz
  4. car253
  5. Mark J